Welcome to Ice Cream Week 2014! The first recipe I am sharing with you this week is this No Churn Low Carb Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. I hope you have as much fun as we did. Break out those stretchy pants and celebrate Ice Cream Week with us.
I am super excited to be joining this group of amazing bloggers for ice cream week. They are some extremely talented bloggers and you are going to love the recipes they are sharing!
My inspiration for this recipe came from this amazing Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe by Hungry Couple. It appeared one day in my Facebook news feed and I immediately had to check it out. It looked absolutely delicious and her photo was stunning. I knew I wanted to try it but knew it wouldn’t work for me as is, since I’m trying to cut out carbs. Her recipe calls for sugar and sweetened condensed milk, two ingredients that were a no no. Swapping out the sugar would be easy enough but the sweetened condensed milk would prove to be more challenging. I did quite a bit of research before finally settling on something very similar to this recipe from All Day I Dream About Food. I adjusted the sugar down some and omitted the vanilla and xanthan gum. If you haven’t visited Carolyn’s blog before you seriously should because she’s kind of a flipping genius!
I had never made ice cream before until making the five recipes I will be sharing with you. I went back and forth as to whether to use the no churn method of the churn method. Our ice cream maker called for an unreal amount of ice and so finally I decided to do the no churn method. It was so simple and turned out so creamy and delicious that I don’t know why I didn’t do this a long time ago!
Have you made homemade ice cream before? What are your favorite flavors?
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
One Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Disclaimer: I did not receive any product for participating in this event. The#IceCreamWeek Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. ONE winner will receive ALL the prizes listed. Giveaway ends at midnight on August 31st.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Make sure you swing by for a scoop from each of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Fleck Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
- Raspberry Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Buster Bars by The Life and Loves on Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Hezzi-d’s Books and Cooks
- “Fried” Ice Cream Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Mint Chip Ice Cream by Crumb
- S’mores Ice Cream Pie by Love and Confections
- How to Make an Ice Cream Pie at Home by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Gluten Free Sandwich Cookie Ice Cream Pie by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Fudge Topped Chocolate Ice Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Caramel Coffee Milkshake by Wishes and Dishes
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Pie by The Messy Baker
- Majarete (Dominican Corn Pudding) Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream Cake by The Gunny Sack
- Dirty Girl Scout Ice Cream by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- No Churn Low Carb Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Other Blogs participating later this week:
Special Guest for the Week is Lindsay Clendaniel of the blog, Scoop Adventures. We’re very excited to have her join us. Lindsay is the author of Scoop Adventures which is chock full of ice cream goodness.
Low-Carb Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
1 cup sucralose or sweetener of choice
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp liquid stevia
In a heavy bottomed pan bring heavy cream, whole milk, sweetener and stevia to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until mixture is reduced by half, approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
Once mixture is reduced by half stir in the butter.
Allow to cool to room temperature. Mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.
If you are making this ahead of time you can store it in the refrigerator.Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Yours And Mine Are Ours will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!