I’m so excited to be participating in Sunday Supper! I’ve read so many of the awesome recipes that have been contributed over this past year and finally decided I had to join in. I’ve always been a big believer of sharing meals together whenever possible. Food can be so powerful and when shared in the right way can help to bring families as well as friends closer. There’s just something special about sharing a meal together that naturally opens up the lines of communication. I’ll be honest we didn’t always eat at the table when all of our children were home and we didn’t even always eat at the same time. However when we did it was always a treat and we were so happy to have spent the time together as one big boisterous family! Part of our problem was that we never had a table large enough to seat all of us. If you have that problem as well you will want to keep your eye out for an awesome DIY post coming in the next few months. For now even if you all sit in the living room and eat at the same time with the television off you are sharing and making memories. This Low-Carb Slow Cooker Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup is a perfect recipe for you to host your own Sunday Supper! It’s healthy, has minimal prep and cooks in the slow cooker, allowing you to spend your time doing the things that mean the most.
This week Sunday Supper is slowly bringing in the New Year by sharing slow cooker recipes. I have an amazingly easy and delicious Low-Carb Slow Cooker Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup recipe to share with you that your whole family is going to love!
You can check out more delicious recipes by clicking the links below.
Low-Carb Slow Cooker Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup
2 lbs. beef roast – any will do but you do want it to be a little fatty for more flavor
1 lb. raw carrots
1/4 head cabbage
4 stalks celery
1 can whole tomatoes
2 TBS pepper
2 TBS salt
2 TBS garlic powder
2 Cups Water
Put beef in slow cooker first then dump tomatoes with juice over top. Use a spoon to cut the tomatoes up a bit but leave them chunky.
Sprinkle spices over tomatoes.
Chop all vegetables into half inch pieces and put in slow cooker.
Pour in 2 cups of water.
Cook on high for 6 – 8 hours.
Shred Beef with a fork, stir and serve.
Ease into 2014 with these great slow-cooker and crock pot ideas from the Sunday Supper Group!
Whet Your Appetite
Simmering Soups, Stews, and Side Dishes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Low-Carb Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Beef Stew from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pot Roast and Portabello Stew from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Polenta Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Turkey Stew from Magnolia Days
- San Antonio Chunky Chicken Stew from The Weekend Gourmet
- Pumpkin, Chickpea & Lentil Stew from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Slow Cooker Chickpeas from Shockingly Delicious
- Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Apricot Jalapeno Pork Chops from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Vegan Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jerk Pork from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Beef Daube Provencal from Momma’s Meals
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore from The Dinner-Mom
- Chicken and Broccoli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tacos de Lengua from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans for Tacos from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chinese Chicken from The Ninja Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.