Happy Birthday Sunday Supper! This week I’m bringing Low-Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili to the party! Who doesn’t love chili at a get together? This also cooks in the slow cooker. It does need a little prep but I promise it’s worth it!
Ever since I started blogging a little over a year ago, I kept coming across buttons in blog sidebars that said Sunday Supper. Then I started seeing posts on Sundays talking about Sunday Supper, with all of these great recipes! I immediately loved the concept and thought it must be some club that I wasn’t popular enough to belong to yet. I must admit I am a little ADD so I don’t think I ever read all the way to the bottom of those posts .. actually I am certain I didn’t.. or I would of saw the way to join. Fast forward from October 2012 to May of 2013 and a good blogger friend of mine, Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, mentioned Sunday Supper. I was so excited.. she too was a part of the club! Naturally I wanted to know how I could join and she was so sweet to guide me in the right direction. I really can’t say why it took me so long to start participating other than the fact that I’m a huge procrastinator – but I’m so glad that I did! If you’re a blogger and you would like to be a part of #SundaySupper just scroll to the very very bottom and follow the link to find out more. If you’re not a blogger well you can join in by visiting the great blogs who participate every Sunday to find inspiration and ideas for your own Sunday Supper!
And now onto this awesome Low-Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili! I’ll forewarn you the recipe as I have written it, is SPICY HOT HOT HOT! If you do not like HOT HOT HOT then you will want to cut back on the peppers, chili powder and cayenne pepper. However, if you do like it HOT HOT HOT then you are going to LOVE this! Did I mention this chili is HOT HOT HOT?! Also, if you are not doing low-carb you can eat this over rice for the second day and add the avocado, cilantro and sour cream and it tastes delicious! Two meals for one! Those of us trying to eat low-carb I thought about trying this over cauliflower rice but haven’t done so yet. If you do please come back and tell me how it turned out.
So, do you like your food HOT HOT HOT or will you be cutting back on the heat?
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Yours And Mine Are Ours will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!